[sldev] SLDev-Traffic #24

Matthew Dowd matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 11:10:36 PDT 2007

Actually this is about #23. I'm not going to edit the wiki but re "few of us would choose a closed-source or platform-limited solution where an equivalent open source solution exists"

The impression I got from the list discussions is that all of the key components of the Vivox solution apart from the codec (e.g. the RTP stack, the SIP stack, the spatial audio library etc.) are in fact open source and cross-platform!

My reading was that Vivox is attractive due to the fact that LL can outsource running the VOIP servers (which isn't an insignificant consideration!) rather than the technology involved not being readily available open source.

Matthew