[sldev] Re: Upcoming viewer releases? (Soft Linden)

SL - Farallon Greyskin sl at phoca.com
Wed Aug 29 09:28:44 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Argent Stonecutter" <secret.argent at gmail.com>
To: <sldev at lists.secondlife.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:14 AM
Subject: [sldev] Re: Upcoming viewer releases? (Soft Linden)

> * The recent change to the API allowing you to set the scale for  animated
> surface textures isn't matched in the UI... changing scale  in the UI has
> no effect. And I didn't see any announcement of this  change in the API.

Just a clarification about this point. This is nothing new, you have been
able to do this (Change the scaling of an animated texture) via LSL for at
least 18 months.

But it IS a bug that it is allowed via LSL but not via the texture edit
controls. In fact editing an object that you have scripted this way reverts
it, it's almost like a bug in the UI code itself rather than something
clamped by the server, but I haven't looked at it any further. (Hmm, maybe I
will :D)

All good points though and all should be addressed. New features are being
thrown in a little hurried and consistency/depth of control is not being
maintained for these features in the UI and in LSL nearly as much as they
should be, that is clear. The sculpy type being one of the most blatant of
the missing UI features. I won't even go into the missing in-world editor :)

Farallon