[sldev] Plan for executable switcher

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Thu Feb 22 15:17:27 PST 2007

В сообщении от 23 февраля 2007 00:12 Peekay Semyorka написал(a):
> Seems like a lot of work for no gain.
>
> Why not just rename your executable "MyCoolViewer.exe", and tell users to
> simply drop it into the Second Life directory?
Not that easy. For example, my avatar list adds XUI .xml files, and changes
another to add text for messages.

Latest version also adds new textures, which requires modifying textures.xml.

Eventually, it's easy enough to end up with a situation where my changes
conflict with somebody else's, or do something undesirable with the original
executable.