[sldev] Generic LSL->Client Comms

Soft Noel soft at softnoel.org
Sat Feb 24 14:34:32 PST 2007

On Sat, February 24, 2007 2:15 pm, Dale Glass wrote:

>> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_To_Client_Comms
>
> I already hacked in such a thing into my client. Here's how it works:
>
> Client to LSL: speaks on a channel directly. Nothing special here.
>
> LSL to Client: llOwnerSay, with this format:

Gigs' proposal was for an attribute on the object. Presumably this is
passed to the viewer when the object is first made known to the viewer.
Accomplishing the same thing with regular communications would require an
LSL script that scanned for people to tell, or would require the viewer to
keep pinging a channel for compatible objects.