[sldev] Generic LSL->Client Comms

Soft Noel soft at softnoel.org
Sat Feb 24 15:06:23 PST 2007

On Sat, February 24, 2007 2:48 pm, Dale Glass wrote:

> Obviously, my way of doing it is a hack. A quite ugly one at that.

Actually, it's clever and I plan on stealing it for another project. :) My
point was that yours was a solution to a different problem. #1 and #2-6 in
your list are two different problems.

> 1. Some sort of hidden property for communicating metadata to viewer
> 2. Ability to receive chat-like messages from viewer (optional, channel
> can be
> used already)
> 3. Ability to talk to a viewer on some sort of hidden channel
> 4. Ability to talk to multiple viewers at once without confusion
> 5. Guaranteed order of delivery
> 6. Delivery confirmation

Is #2-6 in the wiki or elsewhere where we can point and beg support?

Also, did I read somewhere that messaging might go TCP, and would that
take care of #5?