[sldev] Re: More plugin / platform harping..

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Fri Jun 15 11:27:32 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 14:36 -0700, Tim Shephard wrote:
> "Open source Second Life add-ons still months away"
>
> http://secondlife.reuters.com/stories/2007/06/14/open-source-second-life-add-ons-still-months-away/

What that article doesn't mention, is re-basing patching upon a new
release is *easy*... if you have access to upstream's SCM.

I'm also failing to see much use in plugins unless you have the ability
to extend the servers as well. Which we don't, in terms of communicating
new datatypes and new bits of object metadata between client and server.

(currently pondering how to implement 100% open source voice chat,
without access to the sim source code. Its going to have to be a hack
any way you slice it...)