[sldev] VWR-1203 (cross eyes) not fixed

Richard Nelson richard at lindenlab.com
Wed Jun 27 16:40:11 PDT 2007

The zero rotation vergence was a bug.  Not sure when it was introduced, but probably a long time ago, early in Second Life's existence.

The fix that was checked in was for the eyes going in different random directions when hover tips (Ctrl-Shift-T) was turned on and you moused over an attachment on your avatar.  This would result in your avatar trying to look inside his own head, which would look awkward no matter what.  :)

My guess is that the behavior you are seeing is related to the angular limit clamping being performed independently on the two eyes, causing them to resolve to opposite directions, but I'll investigate.

Richard