[sldev] RE: Second Life User Experience

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Mar 12 03:52:55 PDT 2007

> * Inventory becomes essentially unmanageable when you've been around a while
> and collected a lot. We need better organizing besides Folders/Search

Ever played There? I did, looong ago.

1) Inventory viewer should show thumbnails of all items and objects.

2) Rezzing objects shouldn't cause them to disappear from your inventory
browser if they're no-copy. It shouldn't copy objects that are copyable.
Rezzed objects should continue to show in your inventory, highlighted in
some way to show they're rezzed. You can then just go to your inventory
browser to recall objects wherever they may be.

There was neat in that it was much more conducive to sharing. If people
disconnected and left their vehicles out, you could just hop in it and
freely use it until the owner recalled it. You could even pick it up and
hold it in your own inventory. The owner could just go to their
inventory browser and recall it with a click whenever they wanted it
back.

I was shocked at how anti-social SL seems to be by comparison.