[sldev] i8n and patches

Jean Miller jean at lindenlab.com
Fri Mar 30 14:43:56 PDT 2007

Hey everyone!

I only had a little bit to Leyla's email.

As Leyla said, we're still really in the alpha stages of getting
localization rolling and it is still looking pretty rough. Please
feel free to submit patches per Leyla's directions and we will roll
them in as soon as we can . And agreed, please don't use machine
translations. I realize the current translations may look like
machine translations but I can assure you we've gone through
professional localization companies with real live people. :)

It's really hard to get translations that everyone agrees on - we've
been working on putting some tools together so that the community can
offer their translations for missing strings on the open source wiki
SO... if anyone has a snazzy format they'd like to contribute, please
send me an email and let's set it up.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Japanese translation - it is
important for us to get a sense of the quality - luckily we're not
using that translation team anymore but now we have to do some
cleaning up. :P

Thanks!
Jean

jean miller