[sldev] Re: Privacy Pocket (Second Life)

Second Life sl at phoca.com
Mon May 14 11:34:16 PDT 2007

It really does seem to be the only rational or logical way that the adult
flag is even workable. Without it... it's just illogical enough to make
spock go insane. :)

Yeah the AVs would still appear on the mini map and would deinfately still
be scannable. That is critically important to prevent people from using the
zones to spy on their neighbors. The av should really not ever be visible
inside the private area to anyone not allowed security access to the area
though, that would just not work if you could still see a naked body just
because you were standing close. They could make some kind of cute animation
or effect when you crossed into one of these zones as an allowed visitor,
like a water ripple fadeout of your av or something :)

The last thing though, this probably cannot be parcel defined :(

A lot of people rent parcels and have no access to subdividing their plots
to make their bedrooms safe. This might be the only real "sticky part" but I
think there should be (if possible) a way to allow someone with say build
access or possibly some new permission for a parcel to create these zones.
Almost everyone on the grid rents and does not necessarily have parceling
ability access on their land, there should be a way to make this work
without /having/ to use parcel flags although I can see that making this a
parcel flag would have great utility too. Though I admit that on this point
I don't immediately see an "easy" way of doing it to a level that is finer
that the parcel. :(

Farallon