[sldev] Heads up - we're working on CMake

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Fri Nov 30 12:38:52 PST 2007

Mike Monkowski wrote:
>     Given the pain endured making VS2005 project files from VS2003
> project files for every source code release, wouldn't it be easier for
> us to hack a set of CMakeList files once from your set?  I think it
> would be a lot easier to maintain CMakeList files than to maintain MS
> project files.

What pain?

I spent my personal time to create patches and make it easy to build the
source on Windows for either VS2003 or VS2005 without the need for
project files. It works. I see no pain.

It also works on Linux. Same source... same build files used on Windows.

I personally do not have a machine to test it on the Mac.

I've asked for feedback. I heard people complain over and over and over
that they can't build under Windows easily. I offered a cure to their
pain -- a cure THAT WORKS!  What did they do?

Complain more? And Laughed?
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-promote/2007-January/000187.html

By all means Bryan, do what you need to do if that what it means to get
it done!

--
Power to Change the Void