[sldev] CAPTCHA to validate land sales.

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:08:23 PDT 2007

On 03-Oct-2007, at 16:38, Matthew Dowd wrote:
> And in any case the warning/alert dialog is so overused and we get
> so many annoying popups in browsers, software etc. that clicking
> through such things without thinking is almost a reflex action -
> can you honestly say you've never clicked on a popup almost in
> reaction and immediately thought "damn, I didn't mean to click that"?

Of course. Which is why it doesn't depend on that dialog. You *have
to* actively choose whether to sell to anyone or to a specific
person. If you don't choose it doesn't give you a dialog and let you
go, it doesn't let you complete the transaction at all.

I'm a big opponent of stupid approval dialogs, but this isn't a case
where they're depending on a stupid approval dialog. They're
requiring a positive action from the user.