[sldev] CAPTCHA to validate land sales.

Taran Rampersad cnd at knowprose.com
Thu Oct 4 09:58:49 PDT 2007

Matthew Dowd wrote:

> >> Whatever you may personally feel about landbots - their use is not
> >> illegal in SL nor against the TOS.
> >Lets quit mixing 'legality' and ToS. ToS is a contract, subject to
> >contract law. It is not *THE* Law.
>
> I never said it was *THE* law - the word "illegal" can be quite
> legitimately used as a synonym for banned, prohibited etc. without it
> necessarily being anything to do the the Law of the land.
No. The word 'illegal' has very different connotations. It quite
literally means, "against the law".

Against ToS? Against Community Standards? Legitimate. Saying something
is illegal is a very different thing. The ToS and Community Standards
have been in court at least once, and were modified due partly to the
legality of the ToS itself.

I fully expect 'fictional currency' to be the next sticking point.

--
Taran Rampersad
Presently in: Paramaribo, Suriname
cnd at knowprose.com

http://www.knowprose.com
http://www.your2ndplace.com

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowprose/

"Criticize by creating." — Michelangelo
"The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla