[sldev] Havok4: Offer LOD degrade priority to landowners and groups first

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:10:51 PDT 2007

>From my build tests it appears that the current LOD system gives
absolutely no leeway for transient lag. All it takes is for a single
frame to be slow and it instantly kicks in, usually exploding
something that was previously stable for thousands of frames.

Slow frames seem to be caused by both rezzing and derezzing, and so
may not have anything to do with physics processing. In such events
degrading will do nothing to fix the problem.

It would be nice if you could give a little time for the LOD degrading
to kick in, such as five seconds of slow frames, before it forces
degrading. For a few rez-based slow frames, the high CPU load may go
away in a frame or two all by itself without any need for degrade.

- Scalar Tardis / Dale Mahalko