[sldev] LLVM?

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Wed Oct 31 09:39:29 PDT 2007

SL - Farallon Greyskin wrote:
> The lack of real data structures, synchronization and even the missing
> switch statement are so amazingly irritating to work around... My ghod
> my sim for a map structure!
>
> So I would hope that any future work on replacing the scripting engine
> gives a real eye towards replacing it with something like a real
> programming language as well...
>
> Farallon

Any VM that allows the script to touch the hardware layer in any way
won't be secure. That will be the pain to jump over to a new VM.

However, the JPC gives an example with a complete look and feel of real
program languages with all the bits the normally touch the hardware
without actually any hardware (or system) layer being touched.  As you
can see in the linux on java example, it uses a certificate in order to
augment security for some optimizations. That is the right direction.

--
Power to Change the Void