[sldev] Re: [ARCH] Render unto Caesar...

Tao Takashi tao.takashi at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:57:33 PDT 2007

> OK, maybe I misunderstood (again), but I thought that was the purpose of
> the Region Stores.  Everything that is permanent in a sim would be kept
> there.  Everything that comes with avatars would come with references
> from the Agent Hosts.

I think you are right about the region stores.. Not sure about the
references from agent stores, I think if you rez an object in-world it will
be copied to the region store of course with owner information etc. It was
one work item I think to discuss what an object actual is and what is
referential (or can be) and what is the actual object (e.g. textures on
faces are right now referenced, what will happen to them? Maybe there needs
to be a means of making them more a part of the object and copy them over as
well, etc.).

-- Tao

taotakashi at gmail.com
http://taotakashi.wordpress.com