[sldev] Permissions

dirk husemann hud at zurich.ibm.com
Mon Sep 24 01:01:25 PDT 2007

Callum Lerwick wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 11:08 -0500, Black Hat Design wrote:
>
>> Maybe.. Just Maybe, it is so you cannot take a copiable item, keep a copy
>> for yourself and then sell the other one!
>>

> Yes, if there was no "no transfer", people selling stuff would have to
> set it "no copy". Which, if its modifyable, means you can't make a
> backup before you mod it.
>
> "no transfer" is the lesser evil IMHO. But still evil.
>
> People selling stuff mod/no-copy should be dragged out in the street and
> shot.

and useless anyhow as the client will have access to the prims and
textures anyhow. the only thing that this might protect is a script
inside a prim...

...which becomes an interesting concept once we have a virtual universe
(i.e., interconnected grids, each operated by different providers)

--
dr dirk husemann, pervasive computing, ibm zurich research lab
--- hud at zurich.ibm.com --- +41 44 724 8573 --- SL: dr scofield