[sldev] [VWR] Simple fix for Sell Land mishaps?

Matthew Dowd matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 11:11:04 PDT 2007

> and the service puts in> an extra delay before publishing the land as "for sale".

Is this really the case?

I did suggest putting in a 5 minute delay between setting land for sale and it appearing in search, on the basis that most mistakes are due to the assumption that if you are alone (e.g. if claiming land back from a group) or alone with the buyer in a sim it is safe to set the land for sale to anyone - see http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-376 (it only has 7 votes but on the other hand the in the forum poll I held 126 were in favour (31 against). As far as I know it hasn't been implemented? If it has could someone update jira?

As regards the other suggestions - adding a Sell Land option to the avatar pie menu probably isn't difficult - I'm pretty sure I could do the coding for that if it was felt worthwhile - but is there genuine case for doing this?

Matthew