[sldev] Havok4 Public Beta is here!

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Fri Sep 28 23:07:26 PDT 2007

I was on the beta before the crowd, and it was pretty quick. The sandbox
got littered with physical objects, piled on top of each other, cars
rammed into blocks, bullets bounced around (lsl collision didn't kick
in), stacked structures were knocked down, and many people rezzed
physical objects as fast as they can. The sim was completely tortured
far from any normal use.

it finally lagged really bad where everybody couldn't move..

BUT It didn't matter if the physics were not perfect... people
cheered...  No crash...

!!!

SL - Farallon Greyskin wrote:
> That's what I as wondering..
>
> If so that should be made clear so that the incredible slowness isn't
> repeatedly reported as a bug :D And well, it DOES make testing a bit
> harder having it running so slow:/ They really should have drug out
> like 30 class 4s at least for the test, something "real". But I wanted
> to ask just to be sure that it was expected or something that isn;t
> expected of the beta grid
>
> Farallon
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Giglio" <gigstaggart at gmail.com>

Power to Change the Void