[sldev] "background sky" render pass, render pass sequence

Matthew Dowd matthew.dowd at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 00:59:44 PDT 2008

>>On 2008-04-01, at 17:56, Dave Parks wrote:
>> Argent Stonecutter wrote:
>>> This was changed in February some time? Because that's when parcel
>>> borders started glowing through solid objects.
>>

>> That change was made so you could see property lines under water.
>
>That's what I suspected.

Can we change that back - the result looks less like property lines being painted *on top* of everything and more like property lines are bleeding through solid objects which gives the impression that everything (including avatars) is slightly translucent, which is extremely disconcerting.

There is also often quite a severe delay in the parcel name updating in the menu bar (I gathered from a blog that parcel details recently switched to using CAPs? which raises another question I asked recently, namely whether switching fom UDP to HTTP is causing a lot of the lag issues reported) - as such having parcel lines switched on is even more important in terms of knowing when you leave a parcel, but the translucency it causes wants me to immediately switch them off again!

As Argent has reported in jira, the new water shaders also occlude a number of other things, so this change to the property lines rendering order is not really a fix (and many would argue - well have argued in jira - is actually a bug!).

Matthew