[sldev] 1.19.1.4 RC - Debug Build

Felix Duesenburg kfa at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 06:28:14 PDT 2008

After another complete sweep and fresh rebuild, it now looks like this:

1>Linking...
1>llimage.lib(llimagej2c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "char const * __cdecl fallbackEngineInfoLLImageJ2CImpl(void)"
(?fallbackEngineInfoLLImageJ2CImpl@@YAPBDXZ) referenced in function
"public: static class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __cdecl
LLImageJ2C::getEngineInfo(void)"
(?getEngineInfo at LLImageJ2C@@SA?AV?$basic_string at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@XZ)
1>llimage.lib(llimagej2c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "class LLImageJ2CImpl * __cdecl
fallbackCreateLLImageJ2CImpl(void)"
(?fallbackCreateLLImageJ2CImpl@@YAPAVLLImageJ2CImpl@@XZ) referenced in
function "public: __thiscall LLImageJ2C::LLImageJ2C(void)"
(??0LLImageJ2C@@QAE at XZ)
1>llimage.lib(llimagej2c.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "void __cdecl fallbackDestroyLLImageJ2CImpl(class LLImageJ2CImpl
*)" (?fallbackDestroyLLImageJ2CImpl@@YAXPAVLLImageJ2CImpl@@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: virtual __thiscall
LLImageJ2C::~LLImageJ2C(void)" (??1LLImageJ2C@@MAE at XZ)
1>Debug/debugview.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\SL\1.19.1.4\workspace2\linden\indra\newview\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>newview - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 21 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Tons of similar messages on this list, and getting a bit tired of
fruitlessly searching them for a previously offered solution, I am
asking: *Is there no permanent fix for the build nightmare?* Being a
noob in compiling under Windows, but not in programming, I dun wanna
hassle with this, just dive into the code. Or is this asking for
something that's not possible, or at least difficult? This is meant as a
serious question (not whining).

Thanks,
Felix