[sldev] Scalable Sim Question

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 05:06:04 PDT 2008

On 2008-08-12, at 23:10, Spot wrote:
> Since we are more or less dealing with virtual 'worlds' here,
> doesn't it make some sense to base trust/authority on how well a
> particular grid is governed?

The point I'm getting at is that you shouldn't need to trust a grid
in the first place, because anyone from another grid can just get a
free SL account anyway. Unless SL starts charging for all accounts
all you need to do is maintain a non-volatile local inventory so that
a remote account doesn't transfer anything out of the grid that a
free local account wouldn't.