[sldev] realXtend Global inventory tests successful

Jani Pirkola jpirkola at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 09:43:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

I have attended a few AWGs myself and people from realXtend some of the
others, but I admit that we haven't been around too much.
I hope we can change that soonish.

For the OGP work, I wonder what is the point for realXtend to join that. If
people are using standard SL Viewer, they will see realXtend worlds just as
they would see OpenSim - which is not good as realXtend supports 3D meshes
and free form avatars.
If people use realXtend viewer, they can already teleport between OpenSim,
realXtend and Second Life. There is an address bar in the viewer for that.
Now people can transfer their assets between realXtend worlds.

The next step for AWG (from realXtend point of view) would be to get OGRE
rendering support to official SL Viewer. Only then it starts to make sense
to use SL Viewer and use it to teleport between realXtend and Second Life.

The discussion about licensing content and how it can be transferred from SL
to OpenSim/realXtend and back is of course really relevant.

Best regards,
Jani