Avatar imposters; was: [sldev] visual muting

Eric M. Tulla (BigPapi) tulla at lindenlab.com
Tue Feb 5 13:42:45 PST 2008

Have you tried playing with the "avatar detail" slider?  It also
controls the distance at which impostoring occurs, allowing you to tune
it's use to whatever performance / visual quality tradeoff you
personally are willing to make.  You can also still turn them off
completely if you don't like them at all.