[sldev] Sources for WindLight v1.19.0.79674 ?

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at watson.ibm.com
Wed Feb 13 12:35:55 PST 2008

Soft wrote:
> I believe Henri is after the commit exactly at the revision where the
> first look client is released. My publishing doesn't do that. We're
> discussing whether we want that (probably yes), who should handle it,
> and what extra QA should go on those source drops. I don't think it's
> anyone's top priority right now, though.
>
> At current, the sldev-commits is indeed the best bet. A drop will
> generally happen near the first look release, which includes extra bug
> fixes, albeit with the risk of new bugs, too.

I haven't really figured out what the sldev-commits tarballs are good
for.  Unless they can be used to build a full install image (which is a
very long way off if it should ever happen) they can't reliably be used
for development.

If I had the choice of having source corresponding to releases or source
corresponding to ... well, nothing, then the choice is clear.

I am really surprised to hear that you, "don't think it's anyone's top
priority right now."  You just as well might say that Open Source
development isn't anyone's top priority right now, because that is where
the Open Source development begins.

If you can make the zip files through some automated method, why not
make them when a viewer is released.

The only QA you need on source drops is to fix the reported build
problems from the previous drop.

Mike