[sldev] screen space ambient occlusion

Alex Suter asuter at ilm.com
Sat Jul 26 17:12:51 PDT 2008

I have to agree with Qarl and others. Ambient occlusion is great stuff.
If you want approximately correct lighting done quickly, it's a perfect
trick. Add in some direct shadowing and you're well on your way.

Some day computers will be fast enough to do full radiosity/raytracing/
whatever at 60fps, but we're not there yet.