[sldev] Google Summer of Code 2008 update

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Thu May 1 19:44:20 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 23:15 +0100, Thomas Grimshaw wrote:
> Eric M. Tulla (BigPapi Linden) wrote:
> > The only other real solution would be to manually define areas that are
> > indoors vs outdoors
> Or at least provide some sort of facility to allow folk to specify how
> much the ambient lighting affects their texture..
>
> Change "full bright" to a percentage slider? This may even be required
> if shadows are introduced, so people can reduce the contrast of shadows
> on particular floors if they need..

Ever seen the surface editors in something like Lightwave or Maya? Guess
what SL is missing... :) Not to mention they support shader plugins. I
still think the future lies in supporting user-supplied GLSL shaders...

(This is the cue for the sldev peanut gallery to shout me down and
explain how I'm an idiot for even suggesting such a thing.)