[sldev] A patch to allow creation of megaprims from within the viewer

Jacek Antonelli jacek.antonelli at gmail.com
Mon May 12 09:29:01 PDT 2008

I just wanted to chime in again, after having played around for a
while. Even setting aside megaprims, this patch is still useful. It's
really convenient being able to create prims at a certain size,
instead of having to resize every one to fit the scale of the project
you're working on.

For example, if you're working on jewelry or a small gadget, you could
set the default size to a 0.01m cube; or if you're working on a house,
you could set it to 10 x 10 x 0.5 and instantly create walls. (The
Shift-move copy feature has proven useful for creating new prims at
the general size you want, but it's nice to have another option.)

My only concern about this feature as it stands would be that it's a
bit cramped in the create window. How about a "Create Tool Options"
child floater that would stick to the side of the main floater,
similar to the "Grid Options" floater? Maybe also move the "Copy
Selected" and related checkboxes to the new floater, to reduce the
clutter even more.

Anyway, I definitely encourage you to create a JIRA for this patch!

 - Jacek