[sldev] Re: SL Target Audience

Eric M. Tulla (BigPapi Linden) tulla at lindenlab.com
Thu May 29 22:14:28 PDT 2008

Is there an example of another feature that people would consider
missing in the WL viewer on low (other than ripple water)?  I may very
well be forgetting something, but I don't recall anything else that
could be considered missing.

Water did become more complex at the higher end in the WL viewer, but
also much, much prettier and more configurable (while leaving the
fallback method untouched).  When the water was updated we realized that
keeping fallback water, old ripple water, *and* new water all around at
the same time would be rather difficult from a coding and maintenance
standpoint.

However, if someone is willing to create a patch that cleanly integrates
an in-between water option again (ripple water) back in with the other
two current ones, I would definitely be willing to look it over on my
end and bring it in if it's solid.  I could definitely make time for
something like that if anyone is interested.  Thoughts?

Take care,

-Eric