[sldev] [i18n][zh-Hans]Viewer Chinese Translation - Finished!

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Nov 7 16:50:18 PST 2008

Geneko,

> So, after almost one year, I have finished translating Second Life's
> interface into Simplified Chinese

Great!

> this to be proofread and terminology checked
> by the public

Well, I'm not eligible to do it...  However, considering Geneko's
activities, I believe his translation should be far better than LL
supplied one.  (even though he could make some mistakes.)

I hope recent LL is more open than before and takes it into account
for integration to release viewer soon.

> skins/default/xui/zh/

Hmmm.  I have a small concern on the naming here.  At this moment, SL
viewer provides just one choice for Chinese language, based on the
LL's business/marketting strategy.  However, from a community point of
view, we need at least two in a (hopefully near) future.  (See VWR-335
on JIRA, for example.)

We need to decide two names (or labels) for those two Chinese
translations, before integrating the second one.  I'm writing this in
response to Geneko's message, because the subject line of his mail
contained "zh-Hans".  I object to the idea using "zh-Hans" and
"zh-Hant" for the two Chinese translations for the viewer UI.

# I know recent SL wiki uses zh-Hans/zh-Hant convention.  I believe
  that's fine as long as it stays as wiki-only convention.

I believe using just "zh" is safe, and your preview resource uses a
label "zh".  That's fine for now.

    Alissa Sabre