[sldev] Some "benchmark/profiling" with new computer stuff.

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Tue Nov 18 21:23:31 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 01:51:35AM +0100, Laurent Laborde wrote:
> Secondlife use 50% of my quadcore when loading all the texture. nice
> work on the multithreadning :)
[...]
> around 10~20 FPS with very high (custom) quality @ 1600x1050.
> Considering the sim, it's great !!
[...]
> The other bottleneck is that it use 2 core out of 4. But, imho, it's
> not a big problem.

You're lucky... it uses only one core on of my QX6700 with 4 cores
(bad work on the multithreadning).

Also, I have to play on "low graphics", if I put it on very high,
it's dead... totally unplayable.

I have a 8600 GTS with 256 MB... you think that would explain
the difference in possible graphics resolution? If that is the
case I'll run to the store tomorrow for a new graphics card.

I'm using 64bit version of linux and client.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>