[sldev] develop.py --standalone script issues

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:19:20 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Alissa Sabre <alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
> Soft made a similar suggestion to me, so I'm writing this.
>
>    http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-9557
>
> My issue is: when I go a standalone build on a Fedora 9 x86 box with
> NVIDIA graphics driver installed, the build fails.  The particular
> cause of failure is:

How are you installing the nvidia driver? using a package from your
distro or using the nvidia binary installer?

If you are using the Nvidia binary installer there is a command line
option to suppress the install of nvidia's version of the gl*.h header
files which prevents it trashing mesa's. If you reinstall
mess-common-dev (on debian anyway, guess Fedora has a similar package)
it puts the correct gl.h file back in place that has the required
defines.

I pretty much do this every time i upgrade the Nvidia driver and then
have to reinstall mesa-dev my self as i always forget to use the
command option to stop header install.

Regards

Robin