[sldev] Vivox Opening the source to SLVoice

Soft soft at lindenlab.com
Thu Sep 4 13:51:54 PDT 2008

Keep in mind that the best thing you can do is to make a business case
on their list, and to show where you're willing to work with them.
Pointing out the kinds of bugs you've helped squash in SL or pointing
to value added viewer projects you've worked on would convince them
that there's a community ready to give a lot back if they give out
their source. Talking about features you'd like to help add to an open
source voice product would be productive as well. Please don't delve
into demands and accusations - make a persuasive case that they're
missing out if you'd like things to move faster or differently.

There's not much else we can accomplish toward the end of opening
their product on our own list, but best luck in helping the push!