[sldev] http-texture project - how far until complete? (this will totally Rawk SL!)

Stickman stickman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:15:59 PDT 2009

> extend it, how would the problem of stale links be addressed?

I'm more concerned with hotlinking. It's prevalent enough on the
internet as a whole, but you put it into something like Second Life
where hundreds of people can pass by a spot every day and never look
at an image but still end up loading it, and you can destroy someone's
bandwidth who doesn't have hotlinking protection up. It can be a real
unintentional grief machine.

Having said that, I love the idea and would very much like to see it
happen. I'm just concerned it gets implemented safely.

I suppose the first step is to brainstorm a list of safety and privacy
concerns, and then brainstorm how to solve them. Have we played that
game yet? Is this the place for it?

-Stickman