[sldev] Something is up with crash rate

Gordon Wendt GordonWendt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:40:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> #*** 0 = Previous session ended normally
> #*** 1 = Froze
> #*** 2 = Fatal Error
> #*** 3 = Crash detected
> #*** 4 = Froze after logout
> #*** 5 = Crash after logout

If this is only data being sent through official reports from the crash
reporters then from experience and from observation I think the numbers for
situation #4 and #5 are going to be artificially low since I think many
people will attest to the fact that the are times when rather than exit
neatly the viewer either crashes out or freezes the process during exit
requiring a force quit and most of the time these situations do not trigger
the crash reporter.  Just something to keep in mind.

-Gordon Wendt