[sldev] I finished VWR-14914 patch; any testers?

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Aug 6 15:53:25 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 11:34:33AM -0700, Kelly Linden wrote:
> It sounds like the intent is not to commit the debug code.

Yes, sorry - the current VWR-14914.diff is the SAME as VWR-14914-v3-20090806-debug.diff
because I forgot to do a 'quilt refresh' after removing the debug code :(.

It's not always easy to work with quilt, as opposed to SVN. Unfortunately,
the current way SVN is being used does not allow me to work on a patch-in-progress.

Perhaps I could get my own branch(es) for work in progress, that
way I could just really use SVN the way it is intended.

Anyway, I'll upload a new, corrected patch.

> That said, I like the variable width lines concept.  Just because we have a
> setting for adjusting the default width doesn't mean we should ignore
> width as a possible feedback mechanism.  Total side issue though, and
> not pertinent to the bug fix at hand.

I am not proposing to include this in this patch, and not even in
general, because those colors are (assume) used for other markers.

Nevertheless, one could definitely argue that using the different colors
when ONLY "Sound Sources" is check as beacons is definitely an improvement
when debugging sound sources. Then, if more than one type of beacon is
turned on, one could just show the current yellow.

I wouldn't change the width however. Instead it should be fixed that
one can add text to beacons.