[sldev] [VWR] VWR-489 Multiple Attachments per Attachment Point.

Aleric Inglewood aleric.inglewood at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 14:15:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Marine Kelley<marinekelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> So what are we waiting for ? :)

If this is done, then it should be done Correctly(tm).

Not just allow more more attachments, that is not really
that easy to maintain by the user.

I think that each attachment should have a bit mask for
community assignable categories (though nothing more
than hinting my LL is needed, by picking the right names
for each bit, and leaving a few open for arbitrary use).

An existing attachment, then, should be automatically
removed if it has any bit set in it's mask that is also set
in the mask of the new attachment.

Backwards compatibility is than easily achieved by
setting all bits in the mask for existing content attachments.

The user should be able to change the bits in the mask
of ANY attachment even no mod attachments. This is
very important. I'm not sure of the current way SL works
will allow a variable part for no mod objects.