[sldev] "parcel" media should include the ability to set local host, at least in a HUD instance

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Tue Aug 18 16:00:25 PDT 2009

La[...]wson English wrote:

> Of course, the ultimate implementation of this idea would be
> Croquet-on-a-HUD, which might actually be doable with the new media plugin:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMkc7sI2-w

Actually, and I'm sure people have thought about this already, since the
new plugin API allows for shared memory so that arbitrary streaming
video plugins can work with it, the same technique should allow ANY
(*ANY*) interactive media, including "excel on a prim" or whatever else
can use a private rendering space. One could use localhost servers
and/or private webservers and/or p2p servers to do ANYTHING that can be
done in a regular application window.

Good Show, Linden Lab.

Lawson