[sldev] Direction for Snowglobe 1.3

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 04:46:27 PST 2009

On 2009-12-02, at 00:11, Philippe (Merov) Bossut wrote:
> My own personal contrib to this (https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-7703
>  in a former life...) is still up in limbo and all that code is 1.18
> base. A really serious endeavor. I'm a fan of puppeteering as you
> know but, then again, is that what folks on that list think the
> priority should be? IOW, would that be the feature that would drive
> folks to use Snowglobe and contribute to it?

If this includes better scripted control of animations, so you can
adjust the priority and limit the scope of an animation in the call,
or even force joints to prims, that would be great (especially for
furniture and small vehicle builders - I spent way too much time
playing with animation positions on my glider). Unless you've got some
really amazing user interface breakthrough, though, puppeteering
directly from the client is probably going to be too fiddly for most
users.

Maybe you *do* have something in mind that will knock my socks off.
The demo videos seemed to show people dragging limbs around with the
mouse. I can see that being great for photographers but I don't know
I'd use it much. How much internal use at LL did it see?