[sldev] Script/Parcel/Memory Limits - Memory Limit Configuration

Argent Stonecutter secret.argent at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:39:11 PST 2009

On 2009-12-18, at 12:13, Kelly Linden wrote:
> I'll be honest.  I just really don't like the dynamic resource
> limits idea.  It is very neat and interesting in theory, and fun to
> design and discuss.  However I see a lot of value in knowing all my
> content will continue to work and knowing what content I can use -
> In knowing that when I buy/rent/lease land as part of that I am
> buying/renting/leasing a specific amount of resources.  I hate the
> idea of *any* of my content only sometimes working.

I understand that, but on the other hand most parcels on most sims
have negligible numbers of scripts in them. If the hard and soft
limits are well defined and it's easy to see if you're over the
committed limit, it shouldn't be a problem. This gives you the
advantages of overselling, with a fallback if you your sim really is
pushing the limits.