[sldev] shadow-draft problem

Vector Hastings vector at leafpile.com
Sun Feb 22 23:18:05 PST 2009

I know this message was from waaaay back in the summer, but I'm now trying
to resurrect a derivative of that branch, and I'm getting the same error.

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've ordered an old 2003 compiler,
which might fix my problem as the original source bundle I have is for 2003,
but it'd be nice to get what I have working with a (relatively) recent
compiler. (MSVS 2005 Express)

Error is: ERROR: LLImageGL::createGLTexture: LLImageGL::createGLTexture
failed to make texture.

I've tried removing llkdu.dll from within and without the project, and
checked as well as I can to make sure I've got appropriate looking artwork
files (though that's a muddled picture, I realize).

Thanks for any help,

Vector

Original post from Wed Jul 2 12:54:36 PDT 2008:

When I remove llkdu.dll it still falls over..

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1688) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Unhandled exception at 0x006f0a2e in SecondLife.exe: 0xC0000005: Access
violation writing location 0x00000000.

I'm currently rebuilding with debug info to get some more useful
information. Seems like a dereferenced null pointer, or something.

Tom.

Soft wrote:
> The easiest way to test that is to erase or rename llkdu.dll - if
> that's absent, the viewer falls back on openjpeg for decoding.
>
> It is indeed likely that the llkdu is out of sync. In the near future
> we're going to stop exporting llkdu in any branch except release
> candidate and official release to deal with this kind of problem. In
> the long term, we want to remove the dependencies that can make llkdu
> incompatible when viewer headers change.
>
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Thomas Grimshaw <tom at streamsense.net>
wrote:

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm having some issues with the shadow-draft tree
>> (http://svn.secondlife.com/trac/linden/browser/branches/shadow-draft)
>>
>> All appears to compile perfectly, but on execution the client crashes
with
>> an error apparently related to llkdu.dll:
>>

>>>    SecondLife.exe!LLError::crashAndLoop(const
>>> std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> > &
>>> message="ERROR: LLImageGL::createGLTexture failed to make texture")
Line
>>> 1101 + 0x3 bytes    C++
>>>
>> Has anyone encountered this before? Do I remember an issue similar to
this
>> previously where the llkdu.dll supplied in the libs tree was out of date?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Tom

Henry McLaughlin

IT Consultant