[sldev] Failed build on x86_64, failed including glib?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 02:33:52 PST 2009

Ricky wrote:
> Ok.. I had to install media-libs/gst-plugins-base  and that got me back
> able to to start the compilation...
>
> Latest failure point is maybe a bug?
> [ 31%] Building CXX object llrender/CMakeFiles/llrender.dir/llrender.o
> /home/ricky/SLDev64/linden/indra/llrender/llrender.cpp: In member
> function 'void LLTexUnit::refreshState()':
> /home/ricky/SLDev64/linden/indra/llrender/llrender.cpp:115: error:
> 'glActiveTextureARB' was not declared in this scope
> /home/ricky/SLDev64/linden/indra/llrender/llrender.cpp: In member
> function 'void LLTexUnit::activate()':
> /home/ricky/SLDev64/linden/indra/llrender/llrender.cpp:144: error:
> 'glActiveTextureARB' was not declared in this scope

Have a look at the patch on http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-9557

it allows compile to succeed when you have the nvidia gl.h or the mesa
gl.h headers installed and saves a bit of messing around swapping dev
packages. I've just refreshed the patch for 1.22.4 so should be ok on
1.21 or 1.22 series.

Robin