[sldev] Failed build on x86_64, failed including glib?

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 02:47:31 PST 2009

Ricky wrote:
> I seem to like brick walls, or is it that they like me..  I have another
> problem!

> /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lndofdev
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [newview/secondlife-bin] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [newview/CMakeFiles/secondlife-bin.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I have followed, as close as I could, the instructions for installing
> ndofdev, here's the relevant lines from my script:
> cd "libndofdev"
> make
> cd ..
> cp libndofdev/ndofdev_external.h "linden/indra/newview/"
> cp libndofdev/libndofdev.a
> "linden/libraries/$(arch)-linux/lib_release_client/"
>
> Anything missed?  I'm almost there....

Yes, as you are standalone the various locations under:-

 linden/libaries/${arch}/*

are not used, or completely used anyway. I don't even have a libraries
folder in my build tree.

You will probably have more luck copying the .a to /usr/local/lib/ and
the .h to /usr/local/include/

Assuming you are using develop.py to do the build (and not manually
running cmake and make) if you run

 develop.py build VERBOSE=1

you will get verbose info which will show you linker search paths so you
will know what folders are being searched for libraries (although
/usr/lib and /usr/local/lib should be implicit defaults unless a no
default option is passed to ld)

Robin