[sldev] libexpat

Ambrosia chaosstar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:55:02 PST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 09:24, Ricky <kf6kjg at gmail.com> wrote:
> FYI: I fairly closely follow the build directions I posted on my user page
> at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Cron_Stardust   the only exception
> to this is that I've disabled a patch and had to tweak a source file due to
> a bad #if or three....
A question, why do you emerge scons? The new build process doesn't use
it, AFAIK, since 1.21.

> I can find no instance of libexpat.so.0 in my linden directory. (That's
> where I checked out trunk...)  Not sure how it's decideing to link against a
> practically non-existent lib...

libexpat gets used in the XML parsing classes. Since you are building
a standalone build, judging by your user page, instead of using the
libraries LL provides in the cmake process, you need to emerge it. I
presume it doesn't get grabbed by cmake in standalone. Of course the
question remains why it doesn't complain in the first place during the
linking to the shared lib, instead of just...doing it.