[sldev] 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com

Shack Dougall shack at liferain.com
Wed Oct 21 08:19:44 PDT 2009

Domino Marama wrote:
> Avoiding making the ultimate copybot is one of the problems I face with
> Primstar. With the Primstar scripts written in Python, any attempts at
> content security with direct login options would be trivially bypassed.

Coming from a similar perspective as Domino, I'd just like to point out
that the issue is larger than just viewers; it also affects
libopenmetaverse-based bots.

There is a similar thread developing on the libsl-dev mailing list, but
so far the reaction has been much less concerned than the discussion
here on sldev.  I'm not sure if that means anything, but it is interesting.